Here comes Datermeister’s Silver Singles review for 2020.
So you’re over 50, single and want to meet new people?
In that case, SilverSingles.com could be the right dating site for you.
But is it reliable or some kind of a scam?
Let’s find out – here’s our 7 things you should know about Silver Singles:
1. Is Silver Singles legit? Our reliability check:
SilverSingles.com is a rather new dating site in America.
It has been around for a couple of years now and it has quickly grown very popular among the 50+ singles.
When we look at the website traffic (from an unbiased source), it gets a solid 1.5 to 2 million visitors every month:
Now that’s a massive amount of 50+ singles on one website.
The website is run by a company called Spark Networks which is a global dating company running several successful dating sites. They run popular sites such as Elite Singles, ChristianMingle and JDate to name a few.
So yes sir/ma’am:
SilverSingles.com is legit and safe to use.
2. Who is Silver Singles good for?
So, obviously, it’s targeted for men and women over 50.
Secondly, we would say it’s good for people who are looking for a bit deeper and more meaningful connection with other people. This is because there is a personality test upon joining the site.
As it’s not a massively big site (yet?) compared to its competitors (such as Match or POF.com) which have been around for 10 or even 20 years, it works the best around large metropolitan areas such as New York, LA or Chicago.
There tends to be a lot of highly educated people on Silver Singles as well so if that’s the demographics you’re looking for, this site is for you.
Read also: 9 best Tinder alternatives in 2020
3. Joining SilverSingles.com – this is how it happens:
How fast and how is the joining process on SilverSingles.com?
Here’s the 5 main phases of joining this site:
1. First you give your email address and make up a password.
2. Fill out the personality test – takes about 10-20 minutes – depending on how thoughtful and analytical you get with the questions.
- You will be asked questions about your personality, values, education and even income.
3. Add a photo (or skip this and add it later).
- These days, in 2020, it is a MUST to add a photo to be taken seriously on dating sites and apps so have a photo ready!
4. Fill your profile (you can answer up to 7 different questions in your own words).
- This one is where the magic happens. These are always the most interesting to read from other peoples profiles. Be honest and have fun in this part.
5. You are done and can see your matches!
It’s definitely recommended to immediately fill out your profile properly:
New members get a lot of attention on a dating site so be ready to upload a photo (or several) and fill out your profile in your own words as well!
4. SilverSingles.com’s features:
SilverSingles.com is a very straight-forward dating site which is simple to use.
These are the main features and ways to contact other singles on the site:
Under this section you will find your matches.
So these people have been matched to you according to the personality tests you have both filled out. There’s even a “matching score” on each user to display how well you fit together (the higher number, the better):
“Have you met?” feature:
Here you will see users which you did not directly match with (according to the algorithm) but it’s worth checking as well. You can simply browse for users and hit either “X” to remove them from your list or hit the Smile button to move this person in your Matches section.
But, to send messages to other members, you need to pay a bit. More about the prices next:
5. Silver Singles cost:
So how much does Silver Singles cost?
That depends on the day you join as they might have some promotions going on. But during the making of our Silver Singles review, the prices looked like this:
- Premium Light (3 month membership): $34.95 per month
- Premium Classic (6 month membership): $19.95 per month (most popular)
- Premium Comfort (12 month membership): $14.95 per month
The site features on the Premium Light are quite restricted so we recommend buying either the Classic or Comfort package.
So on Classic and Comfort you can view all photos of other users, you can see which users have visited your profile and you can see when and if another user has read your message or not.
Payment methods available on SilverSingles are:
- Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club
NOTE: your membership will be continued automatically as it says on the payment page:
So when you stop using the site, just remember to cancel it so they won’t keep charging your credit card or PayPal account.
But before you even consider paying, just go and try the site for free: SilverSingles.com (and start filling out the personality test).
6. Silver Singles reviews from around the web (complaints etc..)
We had a look around the web to see what kinds of reviews Silver Singles has gotten.
People are always interested in the negative feedback so let’s have a look at the complaints on unbiased review sites like Google’s Play Store:
Here’s a few complaints about Silver Singles which seem to be repeating several times:
“You can’t browse for profile photos – they’re all blurred!”
Yes. Unfortunately Silversingles.com is a paid dating site where you have to pay to see all photos and send messages. But, when we look at the typical user of SilverSingles, money is not an issue for them. They simply want a high quality dating site with high quality matches.
“Not enough matches! Everyone is too far away from me!!”
SilverSingles has around million visitors each month so it’s naturally not as massive as Match or other massive competitors. At this moment, in the beginning of 2019, SilverSingles.com is especially for 50+ singles in the bigger metropolitan areas such as Los Angeles, New York and so on.
There might not be as many users in smaller cities. But on the other hand, you never know. You just need to meet 1 person to fall in love, or to find that new best friend (or whoever you are hoping to meet).
Other than those, there’s nothing dramatic. A lot of people have found new friends or even a new partner on SilverSingles.com so I guess you just have to try your luck.
7. Silver Singles alternatives?
So you are 50+ and considering other suitable dating websites as well?
Here’s our favorite alternatives to SilverSingles.com:
- EliteSingles.com – tons of educated and professional 50+ singles. If you want to find a wealthy and career oriented partner, this is your site.
- Ourtime.com – this one is a massive site for people over 50. It has lots of senior singles as well, 60+, 70+ and even some 80+ people!
You can always try them all if you want and then stick with the one you find the best.
If you’re looking for a high quality dating site for over 50-year-olds, you should definitely give this site a try. And especially if you have a higher level of education and/or are a career oriented person, Datermeister recommends this site for you.
It’s free to try so just register at SilverSingles.com
Do you already have experiences with SilverSingles.com? What do you think? Leave a comment below.